Good afternoon CWP families and Happy 4th of July!
Thank you for signing up for our Preseason 1 session! As a reminder, our first practice starts Monday, July 6 at Belle Haven Country Club at 8pm. For the remainder of July, we will conduct practices on Monday and Wednesday nights from 8-10 pm.
Regarding Preseason 1, a couple things that we ask of you:
1. Before Monday's practice, please register your athlete for the 2020-2021 season. For insurance reasons, every player attending a CWP practice must be registered. This is a requirement. Complete your registration but do not make a payment, as credits towards the 2020-2021 season have not all been processed yet. Registration can be done at:
2.Please go to the USA Water Polo website and sign the waiver. Please bring a copy with you on Monday. https://usawaterpolo.org/documents/2020/6/3/USA_Water_Polo_COVID_19_Release_and_Waiver_Paper_Copy.pdf
3. On Monday evening, please bring a check for $150 made out to Capital Water Polo.
4. Please bring goggles, as the focus of Preseason 1 is general conditioning (which means lots of swimming to get back in shape!).
5.Please make sure your athlete understands and adheres to the following safety guidelines, as per BHCC and orders by the Governor of Virginia:
- When you arrive at the pool, all swimmers must enter the pool through the Athletic Facility, and must check in at the front desk. This is the only way to enter the pool. Tell the attendant that you are attending Capital water polo practice.
- Masks are required when entering and exiting the Athletic Facility. Masks may be removed when swimming but must be worn when standing and talking.
- All swimmers are being asked to maintain 10 feet of social distancing while on the pool deck or in the water. CWP coaches will provide guidance on distancing when athletes are training in the pool.
- To make things easier, swimsuits should be worn into and out of the pool. Locker rooms will be open, but showers, steam rooms and saunas will remain closed; "deck changing" will not be allowed. Please do not linger in the locker rooms following practice- BHCC lifeguards will need to close up the pool at 10pm and go home.
- Please bring your own towels- the normal towel service at BHCC is temporarily suspended.
- Pool furniture will be available and placed in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
6. Please remember that CWP athletes are guests at BHCC, and must conduct themselves accordingly. Even though we are renting the pool facility, the pool is not "ours".
Thank you- we look forward to seeing you on Monday!