The new season starts on Wednesday, September 2nd!!!
The schedule for 16/18U is as follows:
Monday 8-10 pm
Wednesday 8-10 pm
Friday 8-10 pm
Saturday 5-7 pm
All practices will be at St. James in Springfield. Based on the number of players, we will see if we need the whole 2-hour time block or not. Please register as soon as possible on our website so we can plan exact times.
This is what practice will look like:
For the first part of our season, we will maintain physical distance in the pool (6 ft) and focus on conditioning, swimming, passing, technical skills and shooting. We will not be doing any contact between players, so there will be no scrimmages or tournaments. Although this is not ideal, we want to keep our players safe and we will create drills and conditioning that will allow our players to get as much as possible out of practice times. As soon as we get the green light for scrimmages/games we will transition into that phase.
- Self-Health Assessment & Facility Entry Process:
- All visitors/athletes must complete Self-Health Assessment & Health Affirmation, no earlier than 12-hours before arriving on-site. This must be done before each practice.
- Visitors/athletes can access the assessment & affirmation here:
- No visitor/athlete member is permitted into the building with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher and/or if answered “yes” to any Self-Health Assessment questions
- No visitor/athlete will be permitted access to the building if they have not completed the Self-Health Assessment & Health Affirmation form. Visitors/athletes are able to complete the assessment & affirmation at the desk, under supervision of Safety & Rescue Dept. team member
- Visitors/athletes will enter through the main entrance doors and check-in at the front desk
- Safety & Rescue Dept. personnel will verify completion of assessment & affirmation, including completion time stamp
- Verification may include on-site temperature check to validate temperature field
- Visitors/athletes who complete the assessment & affirmation at the desk will receive a contactless temperature check
- Visitors/athletes are required to limit their activities to single venues or business units
- Face Coverings/Masks:
- Visitors/athletes will use personal face coverings and are required to don mask prior to entry
- Information on sewing your own face covering/mask can be found here: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/cloth-face-covers/
- If a visitor/athlete does not arrive with a mask, they will be provided a disposable mask for the duration of their visit. Disposable masks should be discarded after departure and not re-used day-to-day
- Face coverings/masks are required when moving through the facility and/or in instances that ten (10) feet of distance cannot be maintained between bodies. Face coverings/masks are also required when providing instruction, unless instruction requires vigorous physical activity (e.g. Coaches should continue to wear a face covering)
- Social Distancing:
- In addition to face coverings/masks, visitors/athletes are encouraged to maintain social distancing at all times while on-site
- Players not participating in vigorous physical activity (spectating, waiting for play, etc.) are required to maintain six (6) feet between bodies and continue to wear a face covering
- Avoid greetings using contact and opt for waving, nodding or bowing
- Hand Hygiene
- Visitors/athletes are encouraged to clean hands often
- Public/shared items are discouraged
- Visitors/athletes are encouraged to wash hands before and after touching common use surfaces
- If soap and water are not immediately available, hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the complex; however, hand washing should occur as soon as possible
- Visitors/athletes are encouraged to use sanitizer whenever transitioning between venues/business units
In addition to above, these are the guidelines for the Pool House:
- Athletes will enter the Pool House through the Family Changing Hallway
- Changing/Restrooms are available; however, athletes are strongly encouraged to limit their use to emergencies only. All Pool House guests are asked to come prepared to swim and promptly exit when their event/practice has finished
- Spectators are not permitted at this time. Parents are asked to coordinate drop off and pick up at the front entrance to the building. (Please reach out for any extenuating circumstances)
- Large bags are not permitted and lockers are not available at this time. Athletes are encouraged to limit items on deck to necessary equipment only and one (1) small bag, if needed
- Keep in mind, lost & found is not being collected. All items left behind will be discarded at the end of the night
- All Pool House guests will continue to follow The St. James face covering and distancing policies until they are ready to enter the water and promptly after exiting the water.
All credits for the 2019-2020 season have been processed, so you should be able to check that when you log into your account. If you had a balance due from last season, that amount was deducted from your credit for the 2020-2021 season.
For the 2020-2021 season, if you selected the FULL PAY option, your payment is due at the beginning of September. If you selected the INSTALLMENT PAY option, payments are due as follows: 1st payment = time of registration, 2nd payment = November 15, 3rd payment = January 1.
If you have not registered your child yet, please do so at:
***reminder that all players must be registered with Capital Water Polo before attending practice starting on September 2***
We still do not know the status of JO’s in December. As soon as we are updated, we will let everyone know.
The health of our players and coaches are our highest priority. We will continue to be cautious and follow all guidelines until we are cleared to do otherwise. We are very excited to begin our season again to see our families back! Please reach out for any questions.